Sunday, June 13, 2010

Excited About LIfe

So I went to see the doctor I talked about and it was a great visit. He was very supportive of my need to stop taking the drugs and he said he doesn't recommend staying on these drugs for longer then a year and half anyway because our bodes build resistance to them. He reviewed my last two MRI's saying that things remained the same and stable and I should come back to him in six months to do my next MRI to see how I am doing off the drugs. The last MRI I did was a year ago.

I haven't seen this doctor for 2 and a half years. He was my original doctor, but after I had my last big relapse two and half years ago, I had gone to another doctor for another opinion and he suggested I start a medication. Something I didn't necessarily want to do but I was too weak hearted and scared so I gave in and started the drug therapy. Despite the fact that I don't think medication is the answer for MS, I am happy I experienced MS taking the meds. It has made me more commited to my health. I eat better then ever, I am commited to taking my vitamins and I have started excersizing again.

The hardship of having to commit to first giving myself injections 3 times a week on Rebif was the most challenging time of the disease. The side effects took away any energy that I had and took away from the quality of my life. When I finally said I enough, the doctor asked me to try Avonex which would have fewer side effects and only be injected once a week. So I went on Avonex for the next 18 months. The side effects were much less and more tolerable. I only felt body weakeness the day of the injection and it did not last long. However, I do feel these drugs increased my anxiety and temperament.

Now that I am drug free I'm so excited about life! Now I know if I lose my temper with my kids it is because of my own weakness and not from any negative influence form a drug! I am committed more then ever to myself. The holistic aproach will be my medication. I will cleanse my thoughts by listening to James Allen on a daily basis, my spirit by praying, my body by eating great foods and excersizing. With the will of God, I will purify my character more each day and enjoy life knowing that I am relying on myself not a drug for my health.

No comments: