Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Time before my Diagnosis

I started thinking about my life and realized I had been in emotional ups and downs over the years before I was diagnosed. My husband and I met in university and were deeply in love. He graduated two years before me and we got engaged when he graduated. He went to start working and make a life for us while I finished off my college education. Those two years apart were tough because we communicated greatly online and only saw each other twice but our love was strong. I got married after graduation and moved to a new country. I love my husband dearly, but marriage especially the first two years has its ups and downs.

I used to get tired at times and I guess I thought it was normal even though it probably wasn't at the time. I even refused to take a few jobs because I felt I couldn't handle long hours as well as having a house to take care of and to cook. I valued my home life. I settled for a teaching job because the hours were good and the pay at the time was not bad. More then anything I wanted to start a family. That didn't happen easily. After a year of marriage, I became pregnant and was the happiest person in the world. I remember the excitement I felt was indescribable. I thanked God deeply, however, I miscarried six weeks later. It was a tough time emotionally but I got through it and I knew it was for the best. I always remained thankful to God, even at the lowest of times.

A year later, God blessed me with another pregnancy. That was a long year for me because I really wanted a child. During that year I was diagnosed with MS and decided not to take medication, despite the doctors recommendation to start. I also really didn't believe medication was the answer for MS, I felt it was lifestyle and food. I wanted a child more then anything and I knew if I started the medication it would hinder my chances of trying to get pregnant. So I finally did get pregnant and I was once again the happiest person in the world. I was hopeful but cautious because I had a miscarriage before. But with the will of God, I got pregnant. It was tough at first, I had severe morning sickness for five months but it was all worth it when my child was born naturally and completely healthy Thanks to God.

No comments: