Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Visit to the Neurologist

I went to my Neurologist yesterday and I got a few months supply for my medication. Yes, I am still taking it and I have decided to take it willingly without worry until I do my next MRI and I notice that I am healing, with the will of God.

My doctor believes that I should take the medication and not stop. I asked him what would happen if I stopped the medication for a while and he told me that with his twenty some years of experience, those who were on the medication were doing better then those off of medication. He said that if I stopped the medication I would get worse faster and that if I went back on it, it would not have the same effect as it would before. My doctor also doesn't believe that food has any effect on MS. This bothers me. I believe in alternative healing and I feel I still havent' found the right doctor which believes in both the medical world and the alternative healing. I am sure I will eventually.

I'm really not sure what to make of all of the doctors comments. I would like to know if those off of medication were taking vitamins and exercising and living a healthy lifestyle and still getting worse. There is so much I would like to know about other people living with MS. Maybe this website will help me learn more about the disease and help me heal faster. I believe "if there's a will, there's a way," with that in mind, I know I can only get better with the will of God always.

No comments: