Sunday, October 26, 2008

First day on Avonex

I went to the hospital today at 11:00 in the morning to take my first dose of Avonex. At first I was nervous, starting a new medication and a bigger needle, but thank God it wasn't painful and it was quick. I left the hospital hopeful. I took two panadols to make sure I wasn't going to feel the pain to much. I did my daily activities but started to feel tired around 3:00. I took another two panadols. Things were ok but by 6:30 it hit me. I felt complete physical weakness. I could barely find enough energy to lift my arms and legs. I laid down on the bed for about an hour strongly aware of my heart beat, while my body was completely sucked of energy. After about an hour and half I felt the weakness wear off and so I got on the computer to write this update. I pray this will be the only day I will feel side effects of the medication.

No comments: